Monday, May 19, 2008

2 Things That Makes My Life Great..and the weekend...

Another thing that makes my life great: New Jersey. Especially defeding it to the haters (and there are many of them.) I couldn't begin to count how many people have said to my face "Jersey is dirty." Where I live is far from dirty-there's a least a quater of an acre behind my parents house, with a natural creek flowing through it, and my father's pond complete with frogs. Yeah, what a disgusting state. And to be fair I know that Newark and Elizabeth are gross cities but thtat is North Jersey and I proudly hail from South Jersey. The land of pine barrens and Philadelphia, Cape May, Ocean City, and I can proudly say that even Atlantic City is cleaning up its act. So in closing let me say that South Jersey is beautiful and even though I don't live there anymore every time I go back I know I am home.

Yet another thing that makes my life great:
Childhood memories (which slightly ties in with the above comments) I got a serious flashback this weekend when Ken and I were planting tomatoes in our front yard: my parents' vegetable garden. They had a pretty legit garden going on for a couple years. I remember how fun it was to run out there and get tomatoes or green beans for my mom. And in the spring my friends and I would walk through the narrow rows and look for tiny tomatoes and peppers. I couldn't possibly list all the memories I have here but I have very few bad ones and I know this makes me very lucky.

Anyway, on to my weekend-if you can even call it that. Ken father and his wife Donna stayed with us for two nights and let's just say it was taxing. They had out bedroom, the weather wasn't great, and in general it was just hard to gauge if they were having a good time, whichmakes me feel uncomfortable/bad. Plus I think they were preoccupied with thinking about their son and his hard partying college ways. I think he'll get his shit together in about 5 years but it will be an interesting five years. I am very glad life is back to normal. I also can't wait for the long weekend, I think Ken and I are going to Lake Anna. YAY fun! Work was blissfully slow today and hopefully will remain that way this week and we will have a BBQ on Friday. Good week! (I hope) And no I'm not at the gym today...in my defense I am exhausted but I did really well last week and had a nice long walk yesterday. Back at it tomorrow and hopefully I'll actualy get 8+ hours of sleep tonight. Fingers crossed!

No comments: