Monday, May 12, 2008

Future Plans

Don't get too excited... it's not like I am planning out the rest of my life. By future I mean this summer. The first event I guess is Dover. Dover will be fun for the following reasons: 1. Mary is coming with me this time, 2. Penny slots, 3. Hopefully finally getting my Carl Edwards T Shirt. (I'm really hoping they've stepped up ther game since Richmond. He did come in second place this weekend.)

The next event is Ken's Mom's wedding. While I am...er... annoyed for various reasons about the whole affair there are definitely some positive things to look forward to: 1. Taking a day off work, 2. Being in the fingerlakes, 3. Buying 2 new dresses 4. Wine. All good things. However to achieve number 3 I need work out regularly for the next 4 weeks. I'm ok with that.

After that is my birthday-a very important holiday- Ken and I are starting to plan our Virginia wine tour. We plan to go to the Eastern Shore and hit Charlottesville on the way back. I can't wait to have a house with a wine cellar *sigh*
****Disclaimer! I am not a wine snob by any means. I know what I like and that's about it. The best part of going to wineries is getting the free or very cheap tasting. For instance: I don't think Ken and I were charged once on our way back from Richmond and one guy was very liberal with the free pour.

Besides these planned events I will also probably go to Boston in July and hopefully my parents will visit in June some time. Ken's dad and stepmom are coming this weekend. I hope the weather holds up. Also- I am making short ribs for the first time, I'm excited to see the end result-wish me luck.

No comments: