Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I don't want rehab...

So reading blogs has become my newest addiction. I haven't been brave enough to comment or anything but in some creepy way i feel like I know some of these women really well. My blog obsession is two fold: 1. wedding blogs, we have a love/hate relationship, more on that in a minute. 2. Military spouse blogs. I'll be honest, with Ken suddenly being gone for 6 weeks I kind of didn't know what to do with myself. Granted, he's not in any danger I don't have to be worried about him fighting a war (thank God). But at the same token it's not like he's just on vacation or something. I'm amazed at how strong the women are out there, especially the Navy ones. I'd have totally lost it by now if Ken had to deal with that whole IA BS, ugh ugh ugh. But essentially these blogs make me feel like I'm not so alone.

Wedding blogs: I can't believe some people have so much "style" so to speak. Maybe mine will come to me once I get deeper into planning this thing but I feel so all over the place. I have kind of abandoned any set color palette since the 'maids are going to wear black and i want them to all have different colored shoes. (black shoes/black dress is too funeral for me) I just think that will look soooo glam, I can see the pictures in my mind and they look awesome. I have a feeling this "all over the place" feel will not go away and my colors will just be whatever. I mean, I don't want people to walk into a sea of purple once we get into the reception area. Some sort of consistency would be nice but I just don't know what that might be yet. I'm so jealous of the brides out there who have inspiration boards all in their colors and are so super crafty and all DIY-ing their whole wedding. I thought I could make my own invitations but since I won't be working here anymore in less than two week (hooray!!!) it will be a bigger headache than I want to deal with. We've still got a long way to go, I guess first I need to focus on putting a deposit down on a venue. Yeah, that's kind of important.

No comments: