Friday, August 8, 2008

Pride and Panic

So the first week is just about up and I must say I'm feeling pretty proud of myself at this point. Sunday and Monday were definitely rough but now time isn't feeling so slow. I'm genuinely looking forward to my weekend which will be a good mix of alone/not alone time. I'm also motivated to get back into my gym routine since most of this week involved alcohol and bad food. I haven't encountered any "gremlins" yet and actully was really glad to get a nice note from our landlords about the whole tomato plant controversy. The important thing is we're down to 35 days which sounds so much better than 40.

However, despite all of these good things I texted Ken last night and told him I really want to move our wedding up. I don't want to wait till next August. I think (re:know) it all stems from this little 6 week thing. Now I'm totally gun shy on what's going to happen for the rest of the year. What if he has to go to some other school? What if he gets deployed? I don't want to give the AF a solid year to pull some bullshit on us. On top of all that I have gotten ENDLESS complaints about having our wedding in August (btw I can't wait till all the complainers get married so I can bitch and moan to their face about their wedding). He hasn't responded yet which doesn't shock me. I have half-heartedly tried to get him to change the date in the past but he hasn't gone for it. This time I really mean it and I want him to seriously consider it.

On a lighter note I wish work would hurry up and be done with. I'm excited to have a weekend followed by my last full week at HV!! YES!!! It doesn't feel real yet but the new job confirmed that they got my signed offer letter so it's getting closer to being reality. Weeeee!

No comments: