Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Popularity Contest

I have always had a very intense paranoia that people don't like me. I had kind of gotten over it in the past few years but since being at HV I'm pretty sure 90% of the people here hate me. I think most of it is all of our jobs suck so no one is going to be all peaches and cream all the time, it's pretty much impossible. However, since news of my leaving came out no one has said "Oh we should have happy hour." or whatever. I guess on some level it was kind of expected someone would jump ship since they're moving way the fuck out there but still it would be nice to think I will be missed.

I am also convinced we are hated by most of our neighbors. First of all I think I am the youngest adult living in that community, which is awkward. Second, there are so many rules we were never aware of and I swear if we were we would NOT be living there. And everyone just seems so picky, like Ken parked in our shitty parking spot really crooked (ONCE!) and the lady who parks next to us felt the need to say something to him. And to the guy across the way from us: I have never been anything but NICE to your kids but every time you see me I get the most awkward look from you. What gives??? Plus the whole tomato plant controversy has us on the HOA pres. shit list. UGH. I like our townhouse but I kind of miss living in a big building where you didn't have to see anyone or deal with ridiculous rules.

I'm also missing Ken really badly this afternoon, god only knows why. It felt really good to talk to Britt last night since her man is away too. It made me not feel so alone.

No comments: