Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back on the Wagon

OK, OK, so I broke my own rules. The important thing is, I'm not giving up right? Right.
Last night we had dinner with Ken's mom and her fiancee (number three step right on up!) and his son and his wife. Maybe this is a silly trait to not like in people but I just can't take picky eaters. The son-Micheal (NOT Mike) would not eat anything green, potatoes, mushrooms, etc etc etc. So as soon as I heard him rattling off rainman style what he wouldn't eat I knew my lemon tart would not be up his alley. This guy was not only picky with what he would put in his mouth but what came out of it as well. I think he said a total of 10 words all evening and really only perked up when the cat came to visit us. I can understand enjoying animals more than people, in fact I agree with that that statement most days, however make an effort! His wife was very personable, NOT a picky eater, and was perfectly happy to get to know us. Maybe this guy has issues with his father getting remarried. I think he was past the teenage years once they got divorced-I suppose that can be worse because at that point you realize that your parents are in a relationship. I don't mean to be too critical of this guy but people like this truly baffle me. In a way I feel like I should have made more of an effort to reach out to him to get him to chat, but the weird thing was not even his father or wife really reached out to him. It's almost like he wasn't there. Maybe with time he will open up-they get married in June, hopefully that will give him time to think of her and us as "family."

No comments: