Monday, April 28, 2008

This Past Weekend

I was in NJ for Mom's birthday. We went to the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the art museum. I really liked it. She had such an interesting life. I love her self portraits and how she expresses so much just through painting herself. (Interesting side note: She was a Cancer July 6-week of the unconventional) Below are two favorites"
http://www.abcgallery.com/K/kahlo/kahlo32.jpg"/>



http://www.sexualfables.com/images/frida_kahlo_self_portrait_coaticue_at_the_opera.jpg"/>


Other than that I hung out with family and saw Jess on Saturday night.
My grandmother's house on the east side of cherry hill finally sold after being on the market forever. She got a pretty good price for it I think: $369,900. It's sad that she doesn't really know what's going on anymore. For the first time in her life my mom wants her mother to have the same personality that used to drive her crazy. My grandma is missing the gene that bakes you cookies, tells you to eat, and is generally on your side no matter what your parents say. Instead she was very critical, super religious, and just generally weird. Not to give the wrong impression-it's not like my mom and her sisters weren't on speaking terms with their mother or anything but let's put it this way-there was a reason that at one point none of them lived less than 6 driving hours away from her. And she definitely mellowed in her old age. Apparantly she used to be quite the battle axe. But, now it's strange to me that she can't remember I'm out of college or that I live in Virginia. It will be interesting to see what the rest of the year brings for Grandma.

This weekend we're going to Richmond for the NASCAR race. It better not rain! I'm excited to drink some beer from my soft sided cooler and get me a Carl Edwards shirt. Whoo!
It would be awesome if I got my rebate and could buy a new digital camera to take pictures. Maybe I'll just buy a new one anyway so I can put up some awesome pictures from the track. Yeah, you would love that wouldn't you blog?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

omg track pictures! hope to see em sometime.