Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm a believer...

Back before I began this kick of blogging every day I wrote a quick little entry about trying to lose weight in the new year. Surprisingly enough, Ken and I have both stuck to it and I've lost 16 pounds since Jan 2. My waist is back in action!

I will admit that I was a hater when it came to those articles in women's magazines about how regular exercise will help your mood, and make you more motivated and jump start your metabolism and have better periods, and make you lunch etc etc etc. Well, it may not make me lunch and I'm not 100% convinced on the "easier period" theroy but my moods are much much better and I'm more motivated to clean up around the house, or read a chapter of my book, or take a walk on a nice day. I've learned a lot about myself through the losing weight experience (which is far from over btw) the most amazing thing is how quickly your body "redistributes" itself. Even after only a week of working out you feel a shift in your body. Suddenly it's easier to suck it in and in my case my legs felt much much stronger.

I've heard many times that the body is "an amazing thing" and now I am truly a believer in that phrase.

In case anyone was wondering my goal is to lose about 3 pounds per month which would equal about 36 pounds lost for the year. I'm thinking about upping that goal to 4 pounds per month which would be about 48 pounds for the year. Either was I'm pretty close to a half way point of 20ish pounds by June.

(I just re read that paragraph and it definitely sounds like something out of a weight loss reality show, but I'm OK with that)

No comments: