Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Motivation.

Britt asked me a very interesting question this afternoon: "What motivates you in your relationship?"

I had to think about it. The word motivation was an interesting word choice--not what makes you happy, or why do you love him but what motivates you. So here's my answer in three parts.

When I first met Ken I knew it would be different. After our first few dates I was totally in love and I had a very good feeling that our relationship would be going somewhere. (Side note: it was not love at first sight for him. Apparantly I grew on him. *sigh* boys.) So that was my motivation in the beginning to really have this relationship go somehwere.

Now we've lived together for a year plus and we know each other ridiculously well so it's all about mainting a healthy, happy, and fun relationship. The most important part of that is trying to not let the ruts or occasional disagreement get to you too much. And being able to talk to each other about the ruts and problems that arise.

The last and most important part of my answer is that what I get from him also motivates me. It doesn't have to be a compliment just the fact that he gies me a kiss every day when I come home from work. Or when he says "I've been wanting to tell you about this all day!" It's a good feeling when you realize someone's been thinking about you all day. Things like that just make me love him more which is the ultimate motivator.

This answer might not be complete but it's a good start.

It's funny-- I was thinking lately that I wanted to have a blog entry just about Ken but I kind of chickened out. Well, not chickened out but in a way I didn't want to put out something so mushy and cheesey and have him not know. (He never checks my blog.) But I think this is the perfect replacement.

No comments: